Friday, April 11, 2008

A rant

I am trying my best to be a better steward of the environment. I do what I can, sometimes it is baby steps but I am working on it. By association, I know quite a few natural, hippie-type mamas. Most are pretty crunchy so to speak. I have found a lot of them to be quite snobbish and unaccepting of any way other than their own. None of these women are really in my inner circle but they are around and very vocal about their views on recycling, buying local/organic, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, etc. I do some not all. I have made peace with doing what I can. What pisses me off is to get lectures and "helpful" suggestions and then to watch them light a cigarette up while holding their baby! Last time I checked, even second hand smoke is bad for your baby and if you are breastfeeding, wouldn't your baby be getting some of that? AND, correct me if I am wrong but cigarettes put out pollution into the air? I LOVED smoking but my kids are my reason not to.
Something that was on my mind. You are free to walk about the cabin now!

No comments: