Monday, April 21, 2008

The dissappearing middle class

I have heard this term used before thought I would have a running start before it hit me! I can see how fast it will happen, now!
My employer is going to have to start charging us for health insurance to the tune of $75 a month. Pair that with increasing gas prices and you are looking at at least an extra $100 a month expenses. Well $100 is a lot of money to my family and where will it come from?? The grocery and clothing budget. I already shop at Goodwill and the clearance aisles, what else can we do?? Thankfully, I have our cabinets stocked and if worse came to worse, we could live on Mac and cheese, rice a roni, and canned chili for a month or so.
If gas and health insurance grom faster than the rate of inflation, what is anyone supposed to do??

No comments: