Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I LOVE Halloween!


I took the girls to a Halloween party this weekend and they had a blast! The Bug wore her costume all night. Whatever was a Goth Girl. I really think she was just using it as an excuse to wear make-up. I took her to Goodwill to find an outfit and she was having none of it. She wanted leggings and black lipstick. That's it, nothing more. I give her a $5 budget just to spark her creativity and she only wants leggings and black lipstick! These are things she wanted even before Halloween. I used to come up with the craziest costumes for myself. I was a table, a cracker jack box, a bloody prom queen, Princess Lea. Mom and I would make my costumes on a very tight budget. I used Halloween as an excuse to step outside myself and be someone or something else. Whatever wants to be herself with makeup! Oh well, we can't make our kids into mini versions of us, right?
The Bug ran and ran all night on Saturday. She had so much fun at the party. She found a Trick or Treat bag with Mickey and Donald on it and fell in love. She held it and talked to it and kissed it. She wanted to carry it all night. Too bad it was connected to a little girl that was VERY preturbed at The Bug. She thought Bug wanted all of her candy but all she really wanted was to have a little time with the bag! We finally found on that was similar laying on the floor so she carried it around all night, stopping occasionally to lay it on the floor and tell it what was going on in her baby talk.

No comments: