Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halloween

So I got this great idea to have Bug be a ladybug for Halloween. I got all excited. I found a really cute ladybug vest with furry, polka dotted wings and antennae on the hood. I had all these plans to make a red tutu with black polka dots, it was going to be so cute!! I had visions of her running around with her wings flapping and tutu twirling. I get home and get it out to show her. She looks at it, shrieks, turns away and keeps shaking her head like she is trying to shake the image out of her brain. Is a 13 month old supposed to have that strong of an opinion??? So everyone keeps telling me to just leave it laying around the house and she will get used to it. I really don't think so. She looked at it this morning and shook her head and shrieked again. Luckily I got it from a consigment store and am not out too much money. I figure if she keeps hating it, I will just slip it on the toilet since that is her newest source of fascination, opening the lid and slamming it down, splashing her little hands in it, trying to flush it. That will keep her away! Of course, I have to think about potty training. I don't want a toddler that is scared of the toilet when I need her to do businees in it!!!
So now I have to rethink Halloween!

No comments: