Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Bug now likes her Ladybug costume. She wants me to help her put it on and take it off continually. She hands it to me, puts her arm out, slides it on, wants me to help her put the hood up, giggles, grabs at the hood, desperatly tries to rip it off, puts in on the floor, giggles, picks it back up and starts the process all over again. That's my girl..............

I am having an issue with the mother of one of Whatever's classmates. She keeps calling to get homework that her daughter has missed. She asks details that I just don't know because...IT'S NOT MY HOMEWORK!!! She wants to know what Whatever thought of the handout and if Whatever understood the packet. It is almost as if she is doing this homework for her kid. She called last night and left a message in a panic over some stuff. Now I do keep up online of Whatever's grades and I can tell if she has missed anything. As far as I am concerned, I did 7th grade, no need to do it again. Whatever is responsible for her work, if she messes up or misses something, she needs to suffer the consequences. I spent some time with both mother and daughter for a project 2 years ago. We met at the library and I left Whatever and the friend in the kids section with their materials and went to do my own thing (the mother had to run an errand). I didn't go far but let them do it themselves. I went to check on them and this mother was sitting there typing their paper!!! Not just what they had wrote, but adding her own ideas too. What good is this for your kid? This girl is 13 and acts like she is 5.

Oh well.....it's raing here, has been for two days. I want to curl up and snuggle in the bed with my Bug. Guess I will get some work done instead.

No comments: