Friday, October 5, 2007

Bead For Life

I am very excited! I belong to a Mom's Group at my church (Unitarian Universalist Church of Lexington). We are participating in a Craft Fair next month and have to decided (because of my suggestion!) to set up a table with stuff from Bead For Life (www.beadforlife.org). I have been wanting to have a reason to work with them for a long time now. I just love the idea of this group. They are woman in Uganda that make beads from recycled paper and sell them. They use to proceeds to help themselves get out of poverty and to help each other. They have been able to educate their children, set up savings accounts, and build houses for themselves. I am so happy! If you are in Lexington, KY on November 17 or 18 stop by the church on Clays Mill Rd.

Whatever is grounded from a field trip. I feel horribly bad about it but she has got to learn a lesson. The only way she ever seems to learn lessons is the hard way. She keeps losing and forgetting to bring home paperwork from school. Her midterms, permission slips, PTA communications. She is so blase about it. She has got to learn. I hate that she misses out on the fun stuff, though.

The Bug still hates her costume! I think she is going to have PTSD from me showing it to her!
She does however, like "Nanas" She wants to eat them all the time. You can't even say the word or pass them at the grocery without her having a fit for one.

No comments: