Thursday, September 27, 2007

Picking your battles

How do you decide which ones are worth fighting? Whatever is wearing me out. She gets in trouble for breaking a rule and is doing the same thing again within 24 hours. She was supposed to bring her mid terms home 2 weeks ago, still waiting, we ask her every night. This morning I hit my breaking point. She keeps disobeying the same rule over and over. It doesn't matter what we do, she won't listen. We have taken stuff of hers that means something to her. We have grounded her, nothing works. She sneaks and lies to us. She never tells a straight story, even when she won't get in trouble. I know I am a control freak and I have to get a grip on myself but she is about to drive me crazy. I am at the end of my rope with the girl.
As I am typing this, she is on the phone asking me for money to go on a field trip to the pizza-entertainment-complex-hellhole-place. WHAT!?!?! Seriously?
A nice little trip to the nut house would do me good right now.

No comments: