Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Work For Me Wednesday!

I don't do this enough but Rocks In My Dryer (http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/)
is hosting her weekly WFMW and I thought I would put my two cents in.

Lately something that is working for me is cooking more than one meal at a time. If I am already dirtying up the kitchen and taking the time to make my family a meal, I just go ahead and make the meal for the next night. It really doesn't much more time and I end up trashing the kitchen anyway, no matter how much I cook. That way, the next evening I get to relax and not rush to get dinner on the table and the kitchen cleaned. I can pop the meal in the microwave or oven and sit and relax with the kiddos.

In the same vain, if I am making a more complicated dish or a casserole, I go ahead and make 2 and freeze the second.

Last night, I made a chicken stir fry for dinner and while that was on the stove, I threw all the ingredients into a pot for chili. My husbad is going to put it on the stove when he gets home.
We plan to carve pumpkins tonight so that will be enough mess, thank you!

1 comment:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I do this, too. My favorite/easiest meal to double is baked mostaciolli. It's super easy! Whole wheat pasta, prego spaghetti sauce and ground beef. I freeze a couple pans and then cover with mozzarella before baking it. Great tip! :)