Friday, August 24, 2007

My trash digger

The Bug sits right up when she wakes up. Kind of like the temperature thing on the Thanksgiving turkey, just pops up. It is funny and sweet, she smiles and giggles, too. If she has had enough sleep, she is raring to go, if not, she flops about like a fish out of water. Luckily this morning she was up and alert. We get ready for our day. My other daughter, Whatever, was already off to school. As I am packing us up, I throw away half a banana. The Bug looks up at me at me with an inquisitive look on her face and says "Na-Na?" Awwww. So cute. I say "yes, Na-na, good Bug". She knows what a banana is and can point it out in a crowd, I am so proud! So I go back to my business. I turn to check on her and she has gotten the banana out of the trash and is attempting to eat it. Now what do you think I did? It still had the peel on it and had only been there for a few minutes and, Christ, she said the word and pointed it out. I peeled it down to the part that wasn't touching the trash and broke off a piece and fed it to her. I know, I know, it was in the trash! It hadn't been there for more than 30 seconds and she was so damn cute pointing at it and calling it by name. I am a trash Mom.
Oh, I also sent her to the sitter with a margarine container and some action figure that I have never seen before.
She was just too cute sitting there with a mouth full of trash banana banging Shark Boy on the plastic tub. I didn't want to piss her off!

No comments: