Monday, August 27, 2007

Got kicked out of the pool!

OK, as The Saint would tell you, I am being dramatic. I was asked not to breastfeed IN the pool. Very nicely by the pool manager. Apparently I was offending other swimmers. I am not one of those militant lactationistas, I didn't create a scene, I politely covered up. Since I have the guilt of working and sending The Bug to the sitter I nurse her whenever and wherever we are when we are together. I love it. Not only am I able to nourish my child, I can lob out a boob in public! I love lobbing out boobs! I digress. I can see both sides and I am sure other mothers don't want their prepubescent sons to see my ta-tas. But good golly miss molly, have you seen some of the VERY large women that squeeze into VERY tiny bikinis???? Tell me what is more offensive. I am discreet. I would cover up if The Bug would let me but she doesn't like to have her face covered. And if it was a matter of breastmilk in the pool, how many of those kids running around actually take a minute to use the facilities? Not many. I did get a little poetic justice, someone left a floater, they had to evacuate and drain the pool. Ha!

No comments: