Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Frugal/Green Tip of the week

I have been trying to better a better steward of the earth. It is hard when I work full time, raise two kids, and am just plain lazy. I need certain convenience products to make it through the day. One of these is my Swiffer Wet Jet. I LOVE this thing. WELL, I have learned that I can take the top off and fill with the cleaning solution of my choice. Let me tell you, I don't think they really want you to do this cause that sucker is on TIGHT but it can be done. Soak the top in hot water for a minute or so and use some pliers and VIOLA! So I filled it with vinegar and water. It did a good job and my house only smelled like a pickle for a short time. Now when The Bug runs across the wet floor I don't have to worry about her getting all those chemicals on her, just that she will smell like a gherkin!
Life is good!

No comments: