Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Potty Training

The Bug has had a fascination with the potty since she could say the word at about 11 months old. We got a hand me down training potty awhile back and just have it sitting next to her changing table. For the past few weeks, she has wanted to sit on it and read. We have made it part of our bed time routine, bath, brush teeth, sit naked on the potty and read. Well, she has peed in it 3 times now. The first two, I think it was purely coincendental but the thrid time, it seemed like she was holding it until she got there. Now I am not forcing this on her, she is only 16 months old for Christ's sake. It is her choice but man, wouldn't it be nice to not have to buy diapers again????

Whatever is on lockdown for her grades. She could care less about them which makes it even more frustrating! What to do what to do. I am a firm believer that you have to let your kids be responsible at some point. I do not feel that i need to be on her butt 24/7 about homework. She needs to do it on her own. I know parents that know exactly what pages and questions their kids have EVERY night. I just don't have time for it. I already did 7th grade. I am not doing it again.

Life is good otherwise.

No comments: