Monday, November 12, 2007

A task relinquished........

One thing I hate above all others is taking Whatever shopping. Not just grocery shopping or window shopping but the kind of shopping where you HAVE to buy something like a winter coat or school clothes. For me it is a nightmare. Whatever needed jeans, she had none. I mentioned this to her father, The Saint, he said he would take her. Huh? Come again? OK, go for it! This would have taken us 4 hours, 3 heated arguments, 2 storming offs, and 1 episode of tears from either her, myself, or the baby. So off they went together to Target to buy jeans. I lectured her on the "if you can bend over and I can see your butt crack you can't ahve them" rule. I lectured him about her plan "to wear him out so he says yes to anything". An hour later I called to check up on them, expecting to her screaming in the background. He says, "we're done, I am at my Moms". An hour?!?!?!? How does one take and eleven year old shopping for jeans and complete the task in under an hour?!?!?!? I am visioning low riders, studded with rhinestones, fringed with the butt cheeks cut out. What did he get her? Two pairs of identical Levi's. They fit great and she and I both like them. Go figure. Guess who is taking her shopping from now on? Phew.

No comments: